I am for the child because….
- No child should suffer abuse and neglect.
- I believe society has a fundamental obligation to abused children.
- Every child has the right to be treated with dignity, to be safe, and to thrive in the embrace of a loving family.
- Every child should have a voice in the decisions that will shape their future.
- With more than 5,500 children in care there is an urgent need for loving foster families.
- I know that children thrive when they have a caring, supportive adult in their lives.
- Child welfare is a community responsibility. When communities come together to provide a network of support, families are stronger and children flourish.
- Every child should be safe and protected. If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, don’t let them suffer in silence. Call the Child Abuse Hotline at 215-683-6100 or the PA Child Line at 1-800-932-0313.
- We all have a role to play in ensuring the safety and well being of children. Whether it is becoming a foster parent, advocating as a CASA volunteer, mentoring a child or reporting suspected abuse — each of us can make a difference in the life of a child.
- I want to make a difference in the life of a child!
The I Am For the Child display is a great way to show your support of CASA Philadelphia and its mission to advocate for abused and neglected children in the foster care system. We are always looking for opportunities to share CASA's mission, recruit volunteers and encourage people to support our work.
Here are ways you can help:
1) Take a picture of yourself with the I Am For the Child sign (available from CASA) and send your photo to CASA to post on its social media platforms and website. George Spencer and Jacqueline London did it!
2) Host an I Am For the Child display at your work place in order to create community awareness. Here is the display we did at Two Liberty last year!