Happi Grillon, MSW, LSW - Executive Director
Happi has 25 years of social work experience in both the public and private sectors. She earned a Masters of Social Work degree from Temple University and is a graduate of the Bryn Mawr College Non-Profit Executive Leadership Institute. Over her 20-year tenure of serving the greater Philadelphia community, Happi has worked in a variety of settings with programs serving youth from early childhood to adolescence. Happi began her postgraduate career at Youth Service, Inc. (YSI) working with young women in group home placements. She moved on to be a supervisor and then program director at YSI, overseeing the foster care and mother baby group home programs. She later oversaw the crisis nursery, Teen Success, and truancy prevention programs. From 2014-2016, Happi worked at Northeast Treatment Centers as Intervention Director with the Community Umbrella Agency (CUA 1). Happi joined CASA of Philadelphia in September 2016.
Trish Reed Kinkle, MSW, LSW - Program Director
Trish began her work with CASA as a volunteer and then joined our staff in February 2011. Prior to coming to CASA, Trish spent several years working with at-risk youth in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. She holds an undergraduate degree in business, but found social work to be her real passion. She completed her MSW in May 2014. In addition to working with CASA, Trish is also an adoptive parent and the mother of boy/girl twins.
Carletta Chandler, BSW - CASA Supervisor
Carletta has worked as a child welfare professional for nine years, with a specialty in behavioral health and foster care. Prior to joining CASA of Philadelphia County in 2010, Carletta worked as a foster care and adoption social worker in Delaware County. Also, Carletta has a background in Marriage and Family Counseling and is working toward obtaining her MS degree.
Grace Ciak-Linton, MSW - Volnteer Coordinator
Grace earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Eastern University and Master of Social Work from Binghamton University. She worked with Youth Service, Inc. for four years, beginning as a volunteer in the SAFE program in fall 2012, then was hired as a Case Manager in the Truancy Prevention program. In the summer of 2014 Grace transferred to YSI’s Family Empowerment Services program as a Referral and Intake Worker. Grace joined CASA in January of 2017.
Cherie Bloomfield, MSW – CASA Supervisor
Cherie joined the CASA of Philadelphia staff in January 2018 and brings her work experience as the Lead Facilitator/Site Coordinator for the after-school program at Building 21 High School in Philadelphia with her. There she facilitated programming that discussed and promoted cultural sensitivity and advocacy and also collaborated with teachers and staff to support a positive learning environment for students. She worked as a MSW intern at Nationalities Service Center in Philadelphia and as a BSW intern at the Geisinger Medical Center Division of Psychiatry and at the Women’s Center both in Bloomsburg, PA. Cherie has a BSW degree from Bloomsburg University and an MSW degree from Temple University. Cherie has a passion for social work, advocacy and life! She can be found making interesting conversation with anyone about anything! .
Ashley Bryant, MS ED. – EDM Supervisor
Before moving to Philadelphia and getting involved with CASA in 2016, Ashley was a teacher. She has taught students in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Bronx, New York and Exton, Pennsylvania. She is passionate about education, volunteering and advocacy. She is a problem solver and researcher by nature and she loves coaching and seeing others be successful. Ashley also volunteers with Mighty Writers and works with the "Change Course," a literacy engagement program for youth and the “Stories Alive” program that facilitates video reading sessions for incarcerated parents and their children, both are programs at the Free Library of Philadelphia. Ashley has fun and playful style and sense of humor to go with it! She is passionate about ensuring youth are getting their needs met in order to make the most out of their educational opportunities. .
Annie Anglade, BSW – CASA Supervisor
.Annie joined the CASA of Philadelphia staff in September 2018. She brings her prior experience as a case manager at NET, a behavioral health technician/ substance abuse counselor at Kirkbride and as a foster care permanency planning social worker at JJC with her to her new role at CASA. Annie has a passion for advocacy for the children involved in the child welfare system and believes that “laughter is the best medicine” and can be observed making someone laugh at any time of the day. Annie earned a Bachelor of Social Work degree from Millersville University and is currently pursuing a Masters in Social Work at West Chester University.
Alex Hiatt, BA – EDM Supervisor
Alex joined the CASA of Philadelphia staff in October 2018. He brings his recent experience as a case manager at Catholic Community Services and 8 years of experience at Children’s Crisis Treatment Center with him to CASA. Alex earned his Bachelor’s Degree at Kenyon College in Ohio and is currently pursuing a Masters in Social Work at Widener University.
Yael Leiner - Program Assistant
Yael began as a volunteer with CASA in January 2018 and joined our team in July 2019. She is a realtor in Philadelphia with an educational and professional background in data analytics and business operations, but desired to work for an organization supporting the City's children in need of foster and adoptive families. She is involved with the Philadelphia Children's Alliance, and always looking for opportunities to positively affect the lives of children through mentorship and volunteer work.
Claudia Baker - Voluneteer Recruiter
Claudia Baker began as a volunteer with CASA Philadelphia and then joined the staff as Volunteer Recruiter in September 2019. As a mother of four Claudia was deeply involved in her school district actively recruiting and organizing parent volunteers. Wanting to help children who don’t have that kind of parental support, Claudia joined CASA to help youth in the foster care system. Claudia has a professional background in writing and fundraising as well as volunteer organizing.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Maura McInerney, Esq.: President: Legal Director, Education Law Center
- Caroline B. Rosch: Vice President: Managing Director, Portfolio Management, The Reinvestment Fund
- Shamyune Jones, Esq.: Secretary: Vice President and General Counsel, Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority
- Joshua Kisver CPA, MBA: Treasurer: Chief Financial Officer, ECFMG
- Christina Bales, MD: Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Tom Bonner: Manager, State Government Affairs, PECO
- Kendra Dautel: Director of Business Development, Valuation & Advisory, Newmark Knight Frank
- Jonathan David, MBA: Director, Customer Programs, PGW
- Jamiliyah Foster M.S.: Development Director, Philadelphia Youth Sports Collaborative
- Eileen Horgan, Esq.: Attorney, Women Against Abuse
- Greg Ippolito: President and owner, Ippolito Media Arts, Inc.
- Sarah Mainprize, M.B.A.: Executive Director, Busineess Process, Comast Corporation
- Brenda Myrick, RN, MSN, CMCN: Regional Clinical Director, Region II, AmeriHealth Caritas
- Camille Rodriguez, Esq.: Associate, Berger & Montague, P.C
- Mia Rosati, Esq.: Associate, Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller
- Roopa Seshadri, PhD: Research Sceintist
- Judith Silver, PhD: Associate Director, Leadership Education in Neurodevelop-mental Disabilities (LEND) Program, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Donielle V. Whyte, MBA: Principal, The Harmony Group & Associates, LLC
- Mark A. Aronchick: Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller
- Dan Barcus: Chubb
- Mary O'Neill Griesser
- Michael Hanlon: Cozen O'Conner
- Nancy Lanham
- Denis J. Lawler: Archer & Greiner
- Julie P. Meyers: Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Matt Smith: 101.1 More FM Philly WBEB-FM
- Anne O. Umbrecht
- Debra Schilling Wolfe: Field Center for Children's Policy, Practice & Research